Monday, November 16, 2009

New Site = New Blog

For all of those looking for any new blog postings I will have please check out and subscribe to....

Jackie R.

Thanks for stopping by!


Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Subversion Branching and Tagging

Made this presentation for a Developers Meeting...

Thursday, April 9, 2009

My new Hackintosh

For sometime I have had an iPhone and its been great, however after a year of watching my ideas cashed in on by others, I decided I needed a mac to develop iPhone apps. I didn't want to buy a desktop and I didn't want to spend $1000 so I thought I was confined to scrounging craigslist for a used one.

Then I found this.

There are a couple things that are not very well explained here and some things require access to a forum site. So here is my opinion on doing this.


  • Everything cost me $450 saving me $549

  • Absolutely Silent

  • long battery life

  • 3 USB ports and vga out allow for larger monitor/keyboard


  • Small Screen

  • Awkward Keyboard

  • Small harddrive
  • '

There are some things you should know starting off...

1.) Get a 32gb SSD although the tutorial says 16gb this is hardly enough and there is a good deal here.
2.)The external optical drive is WAY easier, spend the extra $50 on a ok one.
3.) Command is alt and alt is windows button on keyboard

I will add more information on my experience as I go

Monday, March 23, 2009

A little bit of money made in a rather sh*&^y market

Just checked my investments and saw the first glimmer of hope today. Seeing as I am 26, I like most people should be taking large risks so that lead me to invest like almost everyone else in stocks. Just like everyone else these stocks have been KILLED over the last year, however, one trusty one has stayed by my side, DBA has treated me very well, all things considered.

So a couple of days ago I had some cash that was left over from the old'en days (Had to brush it off) that I hadn't dare to invest. Finally, the other day I saw that whereas my stocks had tanked, DBA had only fallen about 8%. So I decided to put that money to work, and I am happy to report I made my first short term win, enough so that I even got my pre-june last year investment back...
Anyway just felt like bragging here is to 2009 being better than 2008!

















Thursday, February 19, 2009

A neat little DAO for hibernate I came up with

No need to create new DAOs for each project if you use this little gem. Its not in groovy because GMaven has some problems with generics but this has seemed to remove the need to have multiple DAOs for annotated classes that just do basic crud functionality. Check it out and feel free to comment(Not that anyone reads these anyway :-)).

import java.util.List;

public class GenericDao extends HibernateDaoSupport{
public List getObject(T object){
return getHibernateTemplate().findByExample(object);
public List getAllObjects(Class thisClass){
return getHibernateTemplate().loadAll(thisClass);
public Object addObject(T object){
return getHibernateTemplate().save(object);
public void updateObject(T object){

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

WTF is up with native in BPEL

To anyone that has tried to play around with BPEL they quickly realize that if a partnerlink has a schema of type "Native" than the payload must be in a Base64Binary string. This means that without a schema you can't just assign a string to a native payload. This is so that non-text content (such as pictures or audio) can be sent to a partnerlink, however, it creates extra work and aggravation 99% of the time.

So the easiest way to remedy this problem is to create a embedded java in your BPEL to convert your variable to a string. This post is designed to walk you through that.

First we need to import the Binary encoder so right before all of the partnerlinks in our BPEL document we will want to add this import (This is for Oracle BPEL and the class maybe different for other flavors)


Depending on the direction you want to go.

Ok now we have our import now we need to create a variable to house our encoded string, I used...

Finally we will create our embedded Java, here is what mine looks like I encoded my string decoding would be similar.
String input = (String)getVariableData();
Base64Encoder Encoder = new Base64Encoder();

String encoded = Base64Encoder.encode(input);
catch(Exception ex)

my is "ReceiveAddToDb_Dequeue_InputVariable","genericMessage","/ns6:genericMessage/ns6:payload"

Then I use an assign to assign the variable to the native payload.

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

One last step for the trojan

One last thing there are two exes in the system 32 directory. They look a lot like svchost but they are small variations and have an exe ending. Start in safe mode and delete these then use CCleaner to clean up the problems with the registry.

Finally looks like I beat this virus!